Mental blab

Ok. I don't know where to begin! First and foremost I need to write because I feel that my current living situation is starting to degrade my intellectual capacity- lol.. I think the isolation that I'm currently experiencing is rendering me stupid. I either have to learn to be patient and write, or just completely give myself to stupidity-just joking. But seriously, I need to have a conversation with some decent people soon or I fear I am going to lose it.

Speaking of losing, we are broke. For the first time in a long time we are experiencing monetary drought. I don't mind it so much because it has really taught me how to be more conscious on what we spend, and to be grateful of what we already have. Surprisingly though, we still managed to have a good time on our short get away to Fukuoka and came home with some goodies from ikea, outlet shopping and from a thrift store. I guess I shouldn't say broke, we do have enough for the necessities.

I am loving thrift stores here in Japan, I've always loved thrift stores, but even more so now that I'm in Japan, as well as being broke. I particularly like bookoff and rakuten. Whenever I have the urge to buy something new,clothing wise, and can't bare the thought of parting with so much dollars for a brand new/designer item I usually just go to bookoff, and in most cases it fulfills what I am coveting. Likewise with Rakuten. For a long time now it has been my go to net-shop for designer bags and wallets. I have purchased many Louis Vuitton, Chanel, and Celine bags/wallets, and the conditions have been so good, particularly for vintage items. Most items I find are in great state (and it reflects on the price), people here seem to value their things and really take good care of them. The thrift stores here, I believe, are better than most of the ones back home.

I've also become kinda addicted to Uniqlo. I don't know how the quality compares to other stores abroad, but I have found a lot of nice shirts, pants and cardigans that I have been really happy with (I've washed them several times now, and have had no damage). Just yesterday I bough a much needed white shirt (for a replacement) with a unique 3/4 length sleeve from the mens section, and I love it! I'm thinking of purchasing a second one in a different colour. I wish I could illustrate the shirt for you but I can't seem to find a picture of it on their website. Perhaps an outfit photo  one day.

We've finally mounted our new mirror we purchased from Ikea. It was a little tricky because of the swing design, but overall satisfied with it's placement (unless the kids play with it too much, which will eventually fall off it's hinges). So hopefully I will be able to take more outfit photos, if I remember! I tend to dash out of the house as soon as I am ready to go (especially with a baby), and nowadays taking an outfit picture is the last thing I remember to do especially when I am so eager to leave the house after being so confined in it. Also, I have the tendency to wear the same outfit due the rare occasion (and laziness), that I do get to change from my house clothes to a going-out outfit. Overall though, the lack of outfit posts really lies on having no mirror, no time/forgetfulness, and no occasion to dress for.

Hopefully this will change, particularly the part about wearing the same thing, and time. My little babe is growing, hence more wakefulness which equals more time, and hopefully work. I am hoping that upcoming work interviews will be fruitful, and that my employers will be happy with what they see. I am actually, in some sense, self-employed. When I say that my employers will be happy, I should really say that hopefully they will hire my services. If I am not hired, then I am unemployed. Am I making sense? I'm not sure, it's way pass my bedtime and I can barely keep my eyes open.
Until next time dear blog. I hope that in my next post I'll have the same amount of enthusiasm for writing as  I have had today.


P.S I found a picture of the shirt from uniqlo. (I have both this colour, and white)